... Wind Advisory in effect from 3 PM this afternoon to 3 am PDT
The National Weather Service in San Diego has issued a Wind
Advisory... which is in effect from 3 PM this afternoon to 3 am
* Winds... areas of west winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 45 mph.
Isolated gusts to 55 mph.
* Location... near Mountain Ridge tops and along Desert Mountain
slopes extending into adjacent desert areas. Strongest winds in
the northern Coachella Valley and near the ridge tops of the San
Diego County mountains.
* Timing... strongest winds for late this afternoon through late
this evening... then gradually subsiding towards Friday morning.
* Visibility... in the deserts locally reduced in blowing sand and
* Impacts... the winds will make driving difficult... especially for
motorists with high profile vehicles.
* Outlook... gusty west winds will continue each late afternoon
through late evening through the Holiday weekend.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Current wind gust reports on the web: