Riverside County Mountains
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 11:26 AM PST on December 19, 2013
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 1 am PST
A Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 1 am PST
* Timing... this afternoon and into this evening for all mountains.
Lingering across the San Diego mountains this evening and the north
slopes of the San Bernardino and Riverside Mountains tonight.
* Snow accumulations... generally a light covering down to 3500
feet. 2 to 4 inches between 4000 and 5000 feet... and 3 to 6
inches above 6000 feet. Local amounts of around 9 inches above
* Snow level... snow level around 5000 feet lowering to 4000 feet
by late today or early this evening. As low as 3500 feet this tonight.
* Winds... southwest to west 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 50 mph
decreasing this afternoon to 10 to 20 mph with gusts to 30 mph.
Wind shifting to the north this evening and similar speeds of 15
to 25 mph with gusts to 40 mph in passes and along ridges into
* Visibility... locally reduced at times to near zero in
snow... blowing snow... and fog.
* Impacts... residents and travelers into the mountains should be
prepared for hazardous winter weather conditions and possible
Road closures. Carry chains and take extra food and clothing.
Roadways will become snow covered above 4000 feet.
* Outlook... snow showers may linger into Friday morning on north
and east facing slopes but accumulations will be light.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow will cause
travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited
visibilities... and use caution while driving.
Nearby Radar Stations