... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 10 PM PST
* locations... the mountains of Santa Barbara County.
* Hazard types... snow... blowing snow... poor visibilities...
isolated thunderstorms with small hail.
* Accumulations... snowfall totals of 4 to 8 inches are expected
above 5000 feet... with 2 to 5 inches between 4000 and 5000
feet. Local accumulations of 1 to 2 inches are possible down at
elevations as low as 3500 feet mainly Sunday and Sunday night.
* Timing and snow levels... showers will increase overnight then
continue through Sunday evening before tapering off. Snow levels
between 4500 and 5000 feet will lower to between 3500 and 4000
feet by late tonight... and continue at those levels through
* Impacts... snow could affect travel on the higher mountain
Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities... and
use caution while driving. Check the latest Road reports before
departing. Keep an emergency kit in your vehicle which includes a
flashlight... food and water... extra clothes and blankets... and
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Santa Barbara County Mountains Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 10:13 PM PST on February 28, 2015