...Fire Weather Watch in effect from Sunday evening through
Tuesday afternoon for gusty winds and low humidity for much of Los
Angeles and Ventura counties...
The National Weather Service in Los Angeles/Oxnard has issued a
Fire Weather Watch for gusty winds and low relative
humidity...which is in effect from Sunday evening through Tuesday
* Winds...northeast 20 to 40 mph with gusts to 60 mph...strongest
in the mountains.
* Timing...gusty winds will begin Sunday...however humidities are
expected to remain above 15 percent in most areas until Sunday
evening. The strongest winds and lowest humidities are expected
* Relative humidity...5 to 15 percent...lowest Tuesday. Very poor
overnight recoveries...especially away from the coast.
* Temperatures...60s to lower 70s in the mountains. 80s for the
coast and valleys. Warmest on Tuesday.
* Impacts...rapid fire growth and extreme fire behavior is
possible if fire ignition occurs.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Please advise the appropriate officials or
fire crews in the field of this Fire Weather Watch. Listen for
later forecasts and possible red flag warnings.