Chiricahua Mountains including Chiricahua National Monument
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 8:52 AM MST on December 20, 2013
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until midnight MST
tonight above 5000 feet...
A Winter Weather Advisory above 5000 feet remains in effect until
midnight MST tonight.
* Impacts... periods of wet snow will make travel difficult.
* Timing... periods of snow showers will continue into tonight
before tapering off.
* Snow accumulations... 6 to 12 inches above 6000 feet with 2 to 6
inches above 5000 feet.
* Snow levels... snow levels generally near 5000 feet
today... lowering briefly to near 4000 feet at times. Snow levels
tonight near 4000 feet.
* Winds... south to southwest 15 to 25 mph and gusty this
morning decreasing later this afternoon and evening.
* For a detailed view of the hazard area... visit
weather.Gov/Tucson and click on the detailed hazards tab
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow are likely
which will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery
roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while driving.