Statement as of 7:30 AM CDT on March 11, 2014
The Flood Warning continues for
The Bayou Dorcheat near Springhill Louisiana.
* Until further notice... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 700 am Tuesday the stage was 12.1 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 11 feet.
* Forecast... expect The Bayou to recede some two to four inches per
day through Friday.
* Impact... at 13.0 feet... minor lowland flooding of boat ramps. Move
livestock to higher ground.
Lat... Lon 3317 9339 3300 9335 3282 9332 3282 9338 3300 9343
Lake Wind Advisory
Statement as of 3:17 PM CDT on March 11, 2014
... Lake Wind Advisory in effect from 4 am to 4 PM CDT Wednesday...
The National Weather Service in Shreveport has issued a lake Wind
Advisory... which is in effect from 4 am to 4 PM CDT Wednesday.
* Event... a strong cold front will bring northwest winds of 15 to
25 mph... with a few gusts to 35 mph.
* Timing... this cold front will enter southeast Oklahoma before
daybreak Wednesday... and move quickly across the entire region
by the early afternoon hours.
* Impact... hazardous boating conditions will result due to rough
chop on area lakes and any other open waters.
A lake Wind Advisory indicates that winds will cause rough chop
on area lakes. Small boats will be especially prone to capsizing.
- Flood Warning
A flood warning is issued when flooding is occuring or is about to occur.
- High Wind Advisory
A high wind advisory is issued when sustained winds of 31 mph or greater are expected to occur for at least 1 hour. This advisory can also be issued if winds of 46 mph or greater are expected for any length of time.
Nearby Radar Stations