...Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect until noon akst today through Thompson Pass...
* location...the Richardson Highway in the vicinity of Thompson Pass.
* Wind...northeast 30 to 40 mph.
* Wind chill values...40 below to 45 below zero.
* Timing...wind chill values will remain very low this morning then improve around noon as warmer air moves into the area.
* Impacts...increased risk of hypothermia and frostbite.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that very cold air and strong winds will combine to generate low wind chills. This will result in frostbite and lead to hypothermia if precautions are not taken.