Northeast Prince William Sound
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 4:05 AM AKDT on March 11, 2014
... Winter Weather Advisory for snow now in effect until midnight
akdt tonight through Thompson Pass...
* location... Thompson Pass.
* Snow... additional 12 to 18 inches.
* Visibility... reduced to one half mile at times.
* Timing... periods of heavy snow will persist through today. The
snow intensity is expected to lighten during the late evening hours.
* Impacts... travel may be difficult. Visibilities will be
limited in heavy snowfall.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow will
cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered
roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while driving.
Statement as of 3:42 am AKDT on March 11, 2014
... Bethel records a new daily peak wind record for March 10th ...
On March 10... 2014... a new daily peak wind record was set in Bethel
Alaska. The highest wind recorded during the day was 44 mph... beating
the previous record of 38 mph set back on March 10 2007.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 5:00 am AKDT on March 11, 2014
Nearby Radar Stations