Western Prince William Sound
Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 3:52 PM AKDT on March 09, 2014
... Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow and blowing snow in effect
from 10 am to 10 PM akdt Monday from Moose Pass north...
The National Weather Service in Anchorage has issued a Winter
Storm Warning for heavy snow and blowing snow... which is in effect
from 10 am to 10 PM akdt Monday. The Winter Storm Watch is no
longer in effect.
* Location... heavy snowfall from Moose Pass north. Strong
easterly winds will add the threat of blowing snow through
Portage Valley and Turnagain Arm.
* Snow... snowfall totals from 12 to 18 inches likely with the
potential for local snow amounts in excess of 24 inches.
* Visibility... reduced to one half mile or less at times.
* Wind... east wind 35 to 50 mph with gusts to 60 mph through
Portage Valley and Turnagain Arm. Elsewhere... east wind 20 to
* Timing... snowfall will begin Monday morning and become heavy
by afternoon before slowly tapering off late Monday evening.
* Impacts... travel may be difficult. Visibilities may be
severely limited in heavy snowfall and blowing snow.
A winter storm means there is a potential for significant snow
accumulation that may impact travel. People are encouraged to
closely monitor this weather situation. Preparation for this
potentially dangerous weather event should begin now.
Nearby Radar Stations